Transport Operation Manager
£45,000 - £50,000 +Car
Location: Cheshire East
Job reference: 441430
A new opportunity has arisen for an engaging and energetic transport operations manager to join an organisation who are market leaders in the retail sector they operate in. The transport operations manager will deliver a professional, safe and effective Transport operation covering all aspects of driver legislation in line with our O licence obligations, whilst meeting all budgetary and health and safety requirements.
- Lead the transport function providing direction, vision & engagement
- Drive a performance culture within the function through coaching & development, ensuring development & succession plans are in plan to ensure the stability of the function for the future.
- Provide operational management and guidance to the function and 3rd party out bases to ensure delivery of key KPIs and budgetary requirements
- Drive the Transport compliance & health & safety agenda throughout the operation.
- Support the need to drive continuous improvement through the department, providing best in class operations & initiatives at minimal cost within Logistics.
The Ideal Candidate
- Leadership experience in engaging and driving change in a Logistics function
- Experienced in managing a large transport fleet with at least 130 Drivers & 50 vehicles. a customer service/ planning team & a team of transport managers.
- Transport compliance management experience
- H & S management experience
- P & L management experience
Detail2Distribution acts as an employment agency in respect of this position. We will process your CV and personal information to assess your suitability for the role. If your application is taken forward we will record your personal information and contact you to discuss the role. We may consider you for other relevant roles we have that we believe will be of interest to you. Your personal information will be held securely. For more information please refer to www.detail2recruitment.com/privacy