Transport Contract Manager
£50,000 - £60,000 + Package
Job reference: 441461
An amazing opportunity for a Transport Contract Manager to join a supply chain solutions organisation, partnering many customers across all market sectors. With extensive warehousing, transport, freight and specialist services capabilities, the business can offer end to end and flexible supply chain operations where adding value and optimising efficiencies are key.
Our client has a culture of continuous improvement and you will have previous experience of encouraging colleagues to accept change as a way of life. A large part of this role would be maintaining the long-standing relationship with the customer who play an active part in the distribution function reporting into the client on a open book contract. They have operations across the UK and need a Transport Contract Manager to manage a transport contract for a industrial client in the Leicestershire region.The role would suit the following; Transport Manager, Transport Contract Manager, Contract Manger, Distribution Manager, Logistics Manager.
- Develop the customer relationship, increasing revenue through growth in core operations and value added services
- Working within the agreed strategic plan to achieve agreed revenue profit and margin targets for existing contract business.
- Responsible for the Health and Safety and Environment for all operations and employees within your area of responsibility
- Overseeing Operations ensuring that Customer expectations are met, looking for ways to provide a better service to the customer
- Accountable for P&L and KPIs
- Ensure compliance of transport and current legislation is adhered to at all times
- Supporting strategic projects and initiatives
The Ideal Candidate
- Previous experience of managing a P&L within a Transport operation is essential
- Experience in a Transport Management role previously is essential CPC holder is essential
- Evidence of managing and nurturing a customer relationship is essential
- Demonstrate commitment to ensuring that the highest standards of client service are delivered whilst maximising efficiency and productivity across the transport operation
- Driven individual
- Able to set, monitor and agree KPIs ensuring that you and your team meet and achieve all deadlines, targets and objectives
Detail2Distribution acts as an employment agency in respect of this position. We will process your CV and personal information to assess your suitability for the role. If your application is taken forward we will record your personal information and contact you to discuss the role. We may consider you for other relevant roles we have that we believe will be of interest to you. Your personal information will be held securely. For more information please refer to www.detail2recruitment.com/privacy