General Manager Logistics
£80,000 - £85,000 +8K Bonus +Car +Healthcare Family +Pension
Job reference: 441506
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a General Manager for a large logistics provider., You will drive the revenue and profit improvement by directing operational activity across a number open and closed book contracts. You will lead and develop a team of managers to ensure the delivery of revenue, profit and service performance levels
As General Manager of logistics you have the opportunity to work with a national leading 3pl brand. As General Manager you will manage all site activity including organisational development and change initiatives. The organisational culture can be best summarised as being relaxed, collaborative, engaging, professional and business focused.
- Manage, support and motivate the Management team to achieve daily output objectives and deliver shift KPIs and achieve longer-term objectives.
- Ensure the team has the support in ensuring that there is sufficient employee resource both in quality and quantity terms to meet shift KPIs.
- To be aware of and ensure compliance with all company policies and legislation eg: employment matters.
- Overall responsibility for H&S on site ensuring that continued learning and best practice are applied in support of the companys zero tolerance stance on accidents.
- Ensure Customer Service requirements are met in full.
- Undertake project work
- Development and delivery against an agreed budget.
- Achieve the required customer performance requirements.
- Set, monitor and control site financials.
- Promote a culture of employee engagement on site through own actions and various other initiatives.
- Involvement in UK network management decisions seeking to optimise overall company performance.
- Chair monthly and quarterly DC reviews.
- Champion the companys quality management system on site ensuring that agreed standards are maintained and improved.
- Build and develop good working relationships with union representatives and full time officials
The Ideal Candidate
- Experience from working within a FMCG operation managing a significant multi customer warehouse operation.
- Experience of managing large and complex budgets.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- A proven track record of developing a culture through a significant period of change.
Detail2Leisure acts as an employment agency in respect of this position. We will process your CV and personal information to assess your suitability for the role. If your application is taken forward we will record your personal information and contact you to discuss the role. We may consider you for other relevant roles we have that we believe will be of interest to you. Your personal information will be held securely. For more information please refer to www.detail2recruitment.com/privacy