£55,000 +Bonus & Benefits
Location: Hemel Hempstead
Job reference: 441559
I am working with an international ecommerce business who are on the lookout for an ambitious Data Engineer to join a growing team of analytics experts.
- You will manage the data pipeline (collection, storage, access), engineering (cleansing, feature creation / selection) and understanding (documentation, exploration) of customer/marketing data.
- Design and deliver innovative data assets for the team. These assets will draw from various sources including both internal and external systems.
- Work alongside other data specialists and software engineers to build new innovative data solutions including a new data lake and other data marts.
- Evaluate user requests for new or re-engineered analytics and reporting solutions to determine their feasibility and time requirements, and their compatibility with current systems and architecture standards.
- Engage with both internal and external stakeholders to ensure reports provide key information that the stakeholders need without compromising report accuracy
- Deliver new capabilities across the business through different delivery methods having an understanding and experience of Agile, Scrum and Jira would be of benefit.
The Ideal Candidate
- Either a degree in a relevant field including computer science, software engineering or mathematics or equivalent experience of working in a similar role.
- Hands on experience utilising a combination of R, Python, Hadoop, SQL, Big Query, Alteryx and Tableau.
- A strong understanding of the data engineering and analytics landscape, keeping up to date on the latest tools, methodologies and likely challenges.
- Have the ability to design, implement and use effective database structures to ensure data is organised effectively and ready for the development of different data science and analytics projects.
- Experience of working in a customer driven environment; E-commerce, Retail etc
Detail2Digital acts as an employment agency in respect of this position. We will process your CV and personal information to assess your suitability for the role. If your application is taken forward we will record your personal information and contact you to discuss the role. We may consider you for other relevant roles we have that we believe will be of interest to you. Your personal information will be held securely. For more information please refer to www.detail2recruitment.com/privacy