£70,000 - £75,000
Job reference: 441572
The client is a leading e-commerce retailer with a significant national presence. Due to unprecedented growth year on year, they are now looking to recruit an experienced carrier manager to join their team in the Sheffield area. An industry leading salary of £70k-£75k + generous package to attract the best candidates is on offer for the successful candidate.
Your role will be to help ensure that service levels and competitive pricing options are maximised and implemented for our clients growing customer base. On a day-to-day basis:
- Responsible for day to day communication and conducting regular review meetings with all thirdparty carriers.
- Close management of the carrier budget, identifying commercial opportunities to reduce costs.
- Managing commercial relationships, and leading tenders for new suppliers
- Working alongside the warehouse team to ensure that all customers receive a Best in Class experience.
- Implementing agreed operational changes and best practices for all carrier related actions within the DC
- Building and maintaining a strong working relationship with our internal customer contact centre, by liaising with them daily to ensure the best customer journey
- Analysing information and evaluate data to identify issues and improvement opportunities are realised
The Ideal Candidate
The successful candidate will have a proven track record of:
- Working with Carriers on a global scale
- Contract negotiations
- Working with ecommerce delivery management software (metapack)
- Excellent stakeholder management skills
Strong communication, organisational and negotiation skills are a must for this role, as is the ability to manage both internal and external senior level stakeholders. Experience of having worked within e-commerce would be a distinct advantage as would having worked with global carriers and Metapack.
This truly is an excellent opportunity to join an outstanding down-to-earth organisation that is experiencing huge growth and offers leading employee incentives and adopts both an inclusive and fully supportive and flexible approach to work.
Detail2Distribution acts as an employment agency in respect of this position. We will process your CV and personal information to assess your suitability for the role. If your application is taken forward we will record your personal information and contact you to discuss the role. We may consider you for other relevant roles we have that we believe will be of interest to you. Your personal information will be held securely. For more information please refer to www.detail2recruitment.com/privacy