Air Freight Import Specialist
£29,000 - £32,000
Job reference: 441632
My client is a global freight forwarding company, we have a vacancy for an Air Freight Import specialist, to join a dynamic team that undertakes a range of activities which support the overall Manchester Airfreight import operation.
- Coordination of all the international air import movements for various customers to the organisation
- Managing commercial terms of freight, arrival confirmation and pre-alert details
- Responsible for customer service internally, bookings, documentation, and execution of routing for assigned shipments.
- Verify that shipments are processed through customs
- Assists the day-to-day operations of our import colleagues to ensure that customer requirements are met.
- Responsible for communicating information and instructions to/from consignees
- Trace shipments through transit points up to final destination and advise customer as needed
- Adhere to the Duty & VAT payment policy
- Maintain mandatory milestones and remarks through Logis ( DGF internal system ), support the measurement of Key Performance Indicators
- Create delivery notes for Import Operations-controlled accounts
The Ideal Candidate
- Experience of HMRC procedures
- Commercial awareness.
- Clear and concise communication skills (written and spoken)
- Ability to follow processes, support a culture of improvement, and adopt new business strategy.
- Two or more years experience within the Freight Forwarding Industry.
- 5 GCSEs including Maths and English at Grade C and above or equivalent
- Knowledge of Freight Forwarding industry: imports, exports and related processes
- Familiar with Microsoft Office programs
In addition to the generous salary, our client also offers a range of excellent benefits to employees
Detail2Distribution acts as an employment agency in respect of this position. We will process your CV and personal information to assess your suitability for the role. If your application is taken forward we will record your personal information and contact you to discuss the role. We may consider you for other relevant roles we have that we believe will be of interest to you. Your personal information will be held securely. For more information please refer to www.detail2recruitment.com/privacy