£40,000 - £45,000
Job reference: 441710
Due to their continued success my client is recruiting for a highly motivated Transport Manager to support the Depot Manager with Driver & Vehicle compliance, collection and co-ordination of the activities of their distribution services for their North West Depot. This is a unique opportunity for a motivated and hands-on individual to join one of the UKs most exciting online retailers, offering unparalleled choice, value for money, customer service and a range of convenient delivery options.
- Control Tachograph reports and records of actions required
- Maintain Vehicle & Driver compliance in accordance with regulation
- Calculate and record core and agency driver hours on a weekly basis.
- Maintain tachograph analysis records and file them in line with the legislation.
- Maintain fleet records in line with company policy and legislation
- Update drivers hours, holiday, and sickness onto the appropriate records..
- Correct planning of routes using a computer based planning system
- Deal with Customer Service issues that may arise
- Work according to the Safe Systems of Work (SSOW) at all times.
- To open up & lock up the depot as and when required
The Ideal Candidate
- Previous experience organising Vehicle & Driver Compliance within a Transport environment
- Previous warehouse/distribution experience is essential along with experience of coordinating an inbound/outbound department.
- You will have sound IT/PC equipment skills including WMS systems and excellent MS office skills.
- Experience with planning & distribution software
- Customer Service skills are central to the company, so you will have experience with dealing with clients and drivers in a clear and calm manner. You will have the ability to pay attention to detail and maintain a right first timeculture
- Previous experience within Investigation & DP processes
- Previous experience working with H&S and Risk Assessments
- You will have the ability to build effective working relationships with different groups (Warehouse Loaders, operational managers, HR Department etc.) as well as a willingness to contribute extra effort and energy to co-operate with others in depot.
- National Transport Manager CPC - Minimum
- IOSHH or the ability to work towards this qualification
Detail2Distribution acts as an employment agency in respect of this position. We will process your CV and personal information to assess your suitability for the role. If your application is taken forward we will record your personal information and contact you to discuss the role. We may consider you for other relevant roles we have that we believe will be of interest to you. Your personal information will be held securely. For more information please refer to www.detail2recruitment.com/privacy