£30,000 - £35,000
Job reference: 441754
One of the UKs leading logistics and freight companies. Operate worldwide and can offer a full range of services in the UK, across Europe and internationally across all trade routes.
Responsible for the strategic and operational delivery of an effective Sea & Air Service for the company. Commercially astute with the ability to build on existing business as well as identifying and developing new markets for Sea & Air services. Both of their own volition and in conjunction with the Sales and operations teams at Witham and Heathrow as well as with local colleagues.
The ideal candidate will be a strong and effective leader that can demonstrate the ability to meet targets and also play a key part in growing our product range and the abilities of the local team.
- Manage the efficient day to day operation of the Sea & Air services
- Providing a high level of customer service at all times and building good business relationships with clients.
- Strong demonstrable communication skills with both external and internal stakeholders
- Ability to lead, and work effectively in a matrix organisation
- Liaise with customers, overseas agents air and ocean carriers, and our sales Team and Operational Teams at other depots.
- Collaboration with and support of UK Airfreight Pricing should be ongoing.
- Manage the effective invoicing of customers in a timely and accurate manner, ensuring systems are operated effectively and reports analysed and monitored regularly
- Develop and manage processes within the service to ensure the efficient quotation, collection and delivery of goods to customers
- Introduce and monitor key performance indicators to evaluate the quality of the service provided
- Monitor and report on staff performance, identifying areas for improvement, training / development as appropriate.
- Attend annual appraisal meeting with Manager and conduct annual appraisal of staff, delegating to trained managers where appropriate
- Identify skills gaps and training needs
- Ability to coach and inspire peers
- Analyse and report on operational performance including financial costs, staffing, resources, customer feedback as required
- Comply with and communicate Company policy, in particular health and safety and equal opportunities.
- Extensive knowledge & experience of ocean export processes.
- High level knowledge and & experience of airfreight processes
- Maintaining and establishing relationships with customers new and old.
- Rate negotiation with providers to ensure maximum profit per shipment.
- Handling Sea freight export quotations.
- Any duties/tasks as requested by your Line Manager or a Director
The Ideal Candidate
- Ocean Export experience
- Air Freight Experience
- A good knowledge of Air & Ocean Export procedures and documentation
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to work to deadlines with accuracy
- Ability to work well within a small team and use own initiative
- Computer literate
- Flexible and adaptable attitude with a willingness to learn new skills
- Commercial acumen
- Strong knowledge around FE consolidation
Preferred Experience but not essential:
- Prior experience with a minimum of 2 years experience in Air & Ocean Import / Export
- Knowledge of customs clearance and multi modal documentation
- Some Knowledge of imports
- Salary up to £30,000
- Performance based incentives
- Great development opportunities
Detail2Distribution acts as an employment agency in respect of this position. We will process your CV and personal information to assess your suitability for the role. If your application is taken forward we will record your personal information and contact you to discuss the role. We may consider you for other relevant roles we have that we believe will be of interest to you. Your personal information will be held securely. For more information please refer to www.detail2recruitment.com/privacy