Logistics Operations Manager
£60,000 £60K + £5.5K car, 10% bonus
Job reference: 441849
I have a fantastic opportunity for a nationwide client who is looking for a Logistics Manager, As the Logistics Manager you will be responsible for building, developing and leading a high performance team to ensure delivery of operational projects, KPIs, inventory management and legal compliance for Logistics. The role will be to deputise for the General Manager and support the warehousing and transport functions.
You will be responsible for the all activities to ensure delivery of operational projects, KPIs, inventory management and legal compliance for Logistics. You will be the key link into the operation liaising with the Buying and merchandising teams ensuring
- To operate as part of the leadership team contributing to the strategic planning of the business in supply chain, supporting the business in the absence of the General Manager.
- Ensure effective planning and forecasting in supply chain (warehousing and logistics) to ensure OTIF targets are met in a cost effective and efficient manner.
- Ensure the teams are effectively resourced, directed, motivated and developed enabling them to reach their full potential and deliver outstanding service levels, working as part of and co creating a high performing team
- Lead the H&S/Transport compliance team to develop a health and safety culture ensuring all health and safety requirements are met with no compromises and that the care and welfare of people is central to decision
- Recognise the need for improvements and identify opportunities within the operation for process review, IT support or potential investment.
- Responsible for bond and legal compliance within Logistics ensuring all legal requirements are met
- Lead disposition and cost control for the Logistics function to ensure wastage is reduced
- Work with Finance to report on performance against key KPIs across Logistics, continually reviewing requirements and making improvements, holding the Warehouse Operations Manager and Transport Operations Manager to account for delivery
- Lead the operational programme working with colleagues across the business to scope out projects and create efficiencies with no compromise to service.
The Ideal Candidate
- Experienced people manager with proven leadership qualities within Logistics
- Experience of co-ordinating & Leading Projects
- Warehouse System Literate and the ability to learn new systems quickly
- Extensive understanding of Health & Safety & Transport Compliance
- Strong influencing and stakeholder management skills
- Excellent presentation and negotiation skills
- Experience of building customer relationships
- £60K - £5.5K
Detail2Distribution acts as an employment agency in respect of this position. We will process your CV and personal information to assess your suitability for the role. If your application is taken forward we will record your personal information and contact you to discuss the role. We may consider you for other relevant roles we have that we believe will be of interest to you. Your personal information will be held securely. For more information please refer to www.detail2recruitment.com/privacy