Data Engineer - International eCommerce Business - Job Summary
I am working with an international ecommerce business who are on the lookout for an ambitious Data Engineer to join a growing team of analytics experts.
Data Engineer - International eCommerce Business - Role Responsibilities
- You will manage the data pipeline (collection, storage, access), engineering (cleansing, feature creation / selection) and understanding (documentation, exploration) of customer/marketing data.
- Design and deliver innovative data assets for the team. These assets will draw from various sources including both internal and external systems.
- Work alongside other data specialists and software engineers to build new innovative data solutions including a new data lake and other data marts.
- Evaluate user requests for new or re-engineered analytics and reporting solutions to determine their feasibility and time requirements, and their compatibility with current systems and architecture standards.
- Engage with both internal and external stakeholders to ensure reports provide key information that the stakeholders need without compromising report accuracy
- Deliver new capabilities across the business through different delivery methods having an understanding and experience of Agile, Scrum and Jira would be of benefit.
Data Engineer - International eCommerce Business - The Ideal Candidate
- Either a degree in a relevant field including computer science, software engineering or mathematics or equivalent experience of working in a similar role.
- Hands on experience utilising a combination of R, Python, Hadoop, SQL, Big Query, Alteryx and Tableau.
- A strong understanding of the data engineering and analytics landscape, keeping up to date on the latest tools, methodologies and likely challenges.
- Have the ability to design, implement and use effective database structures to ensure data is organised effectively and ready for the development of different data science and analytics projects.
- Experience of working in a customer driven environment; E-commerce, Retail etc