Python Developer X2 - Analytics and SaaS Consultancy - Job Summary
I am on the search for two Experienced Python Developers, youll be responsible for implementing new features, diagnosing issues, and bug fixing across a number of new products and applications. Youll be working across a number of projects that will be based around providing services across an extensive client base. A number of projects will interface with external APIs and websites, as well as a core system, which is written mostly in Erlang. Youll have the opportunity to work across different systems allowing you to enhance your experience and allow you to have a real impact on my client.
Python Developer X2 - Analytics and SaaS Consultancy - Role Responsibilities
- Design and develop on new projects and enhance current projects integrating them in Python
- Use a range of both 1st and 3rd party libraries and technologies as appropriate for the task
- Work alongside other developers in a Linux environment
- Coordinate with team members on the development of large-scale projects
- Analyse sources such as log files, database tables, graphs, and code to diagnose problems, and subsequently fix them
- Research and learn the latest skills and technologies to evolve projects
- Give input into the potential progression of the business and its systems and processes.
Python Developer X2 - Analytics and SaaS Consultancy - The Ideal Candidate
- A strong academic record, ideally a 2.1 (or higher) Bachelors degree
- Have extensive commercial experience of programming in an object-oriented, functional, or dynamic language.
- Experience of developing in Python
- A knowledge and desire to learn different algorithms and data structures
- Hands on experience in utilising relational databases and SQL, particularly PostgreSQL
- Experience developing with Linux, including Bash scripting and the use of shell utilities such as grep, sed and find
- Have the ability to communicate well with both internal and external stakeholder who come from a variety of backgrounds